BHTA is run on a day to day basis by a Board of Management, which consists of the directors of the Association. They receive strategic input and decision from the Council, which consists of the Chairmen of our various Sections, with the directors attending as observers.
BHTA's vision is that consumers and patients in the UK have access to healthcare and assistive technology products and services which meet their needs and which are innovative, safe and fairly priced.
BHTA's purpose, as a trade association, is to ensure that the market for healthcare and assistive technologies is competitive, profitable and well-regulated. We will achieve this by:
- Facilitating the development of a vibrant, innovative and sustainable market.
- Being recognised as an authoritative voice, for the industry and for consumers/patients, by Government and other stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with industry, government, charities and other stakeholders.
- Promoting the BHTA Blue Roundel as a brand that becomes widely recognised by practitioners, consumers and patients as trustworthy and a sign of the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Promoting and supporting the professionalism of people who work in the industry.
- Providing cost effective services to members.
- Attracting wide representation from industry and stimulating an engaged and well-informed membership.
Member companies choose and participate in the product / service Sections pertinent to their business. Each Section meets several times per annum, to discuss issues of interest to the members, to develop position papers and advice leaflets as appropriate, and formulate responses to external consultations. Working Groups are formed to tackle specific issues as and when needed.